Friday, October 5, 2012

Russian Matryoshka Dolls- 31 days of Faith & Works- day 5

Here is today's project continuing my '31 days' series on combining faith and works- basically living my vocation as wife and mother more joyfully and using up my craft stash. I made a soft matryoshka set for my niece, who happens to be my goddaughter, too. This is a 'beta' version; I already have ideas about how to change it. It looks like a big peanut with a pocket for the little dolls, but it is supposed to be in the shape of a matryoshka.
“The fundamental objective of the formation of the lay faithful is an ever-clearer discovery of one’s vocation and the ever-greater willingness to live it so as to fulfill one’s mission. …The lay faithful, in fact, are called by God so that they, led by the spirit of the Gospel, might contribute to the sanctification of the world, as from within like leaven, by fulfilling their own particular duties. Thus, especially in this way of life, resplendent in faith, hope and charity they manifest Christ to others.” Pope John Paul II in Christifideles Laici
more at The Nester

2 comments:

  1. I disagree. It doesn't look like "a big peanut". it looks like a soft and pretty matryoshka. Nice work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute. Great idea. What a dear present of love for a Goddaughter. Her parents chose wisely.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)