Thursday, August 2, 2012

An August Daybook

Outside my window...black and white cat whining for his breakfast, orange tree, hanging flower baskets that are surviving the summer, megablocks scattered on the cement, 

I am thinking...that my three-year old girl looks silly (but cute) in her big sister's ballet recital costume. 

I am thankful...for my parents' visit and for their skyping with my in-laws in the old country. 

In the kitchen...I want to create orange marmalade from our oranges. It just hasn't happened yet.

I am wearing...pajamas!

I am creating...a diet and exercise plan to deal with my newly flaring lupus problem. Stinging nettle tea- here I come!

I am going...to the natural history museum today to introduce my son to his first T-Rex skeleton. He's looking forward to it

I am wondering...if I have fulfilled my summer goals....not quite....I have two weeks left before I start work...time to get to the park!

I am reading...The Invention of the Human by Harold Bloom (about Shakespeare)

I am hoping...that I have enough students enrolled in my classes in two weeks so I will have a job

I am looking forward to...finishing up the garage/family/storage/school room and posting before and after pictures. Soon!

I am learning...that doctors have to be forced to communicate

Around the house...we are getting ready for the grandparents' last day here. We will miss them!

I am pondering..."I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn."~ Albert Einstein


a photo from a fun day....
A favorite quote for today..."By bells and many other similar techniques [schools] teach that nothing is worth finishing. The gross error of this is progressive: if nothing is worth finishing then by extension nothing is worth starting either. Few children are so thick-skulled they miss the point."~ John Taylor Gatto

Some of my favorite things... songs by James Taylor, classic Elton John, Cat Stevens,  Steve Winwood, anything baroque for Sundays- my song choices are older than I am

A few plans for the rest of the week: talk to my conventional doctor about my lupus and then make an appointment with a homeopathic doctor. 


2 comments:

  1. will pray for you, didn't know you had Lupus.
    good luck with your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladytats! Hopefully my blood work will look good tomorrow- but compared to many people with lupus, it isn't bad (I pray it stays 'ok')

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)