Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook for February

Outside my window...ominous, grey clouds that might let rain loose- I hope so; I just love rain

I am thinking...about 6th grade geometry vocabulary (parallel, intersecting and skewed lines)

I am thankful for...clean, hot water- what a luxury!

A thought to share... "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." ~Helen Keller

From the kitchen...roast chicken, baked potatoes and mixed vegetables

I am wearing...my new black skirt that doesn't need to be ironed (!)
 
I am creating..some PDFs to share and print at this site

I am going...to get the vacuum repaired

I am reading...George MacDonald fairy tales

I am hoping...for unity of all Christians (a girl can dream, right?)

I am listening to...Voices: Chant from Avignon, a CD from Mom

Around the house...cleaning, purging, decluttering, ordering of blackout drapes so we can get some sleep

One of my favorite things...Trader Joe's Bedtime Tea...it doesn't help me get to sleep, but it is delicious

Another thought to share... "The most extraordinary thing in the world is an ordinary man and an ordinary woman and their ordinary children." (GKC)

A few plans for the rest of the week: more decluttering and cleaning, our 'learning meeting' with our charter school teacher, printing press field trip, feast day on Tuesday, St. Valentine's Day park day- it is going to be a busy week!

Still another thought to share...
Presentation of our Lord Jesus Christ 
in the Temple  (Feb 2)
Troparion: Rejoice, thou who art full of grace, Mother of God and Virgin, for from thee arose the Sun of Righteousness, Christ our God, to give light to those in darkness. Rejoice thou also, righteous elder, who didst take in thy arms the Redeemer of our souls who also gives us the grace of resurrection.
Kontaldon: Thou Who didst sanctify the Virgin's womb by Thy birth and bless Simeon's hands as was fitting, hast now come to us and saved us, O Christ our God. But grant peace in the midst of wars to Thy community, and strengthen the Church which Thou hast loved, O only Lover of mankind.

inspired by a simple woman's daybook 

3 comments:

  1. I love the Keller and Chesterton quotes. I will try to remember them today as I have many small things which need to be attended to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Chant from Avignon! Wonderfull CD made by our own dear traditional Benedictine nuns... we just love them.
    Henri from France

    ReplyDelete
  3. cleaning, purging, decluttering is never ending around here.... blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)