Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Eyes on Your Own Work!"

Remember when teacher would say "eyes on your own work"? These words were never directed to me because I was a good student. God could say these words to me today. We can compare family size, obedience of said children, waistlines, fashion- the list is endless. Where does it get us? Discontentment is a sticky thing. How can I admire a friend's new paint job without allowing my mind to wander to my grubby walls?

Not easy- have your mind wander to the cross of Jesus Christ and be certain that you are focusing on Him.

Comparing oneself to others is not a godly way to live life- let's take the logs out of our eyes before we comment on the splinters in other people's eyes and


Eyes on your own work!

2 comments:

  1. I agree-- it's so easy to compare oneself to others... let's rejoice in each other's differences!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! (comments on old posts are moderated)